Birding books for sale
Roberts Bird Guide (2nd Edition) Hardcover
One in stock. South Africa only. Please click on the cover to see if it is still available.
The Complete Birds of the World: Every Species Illustrated Hardcover – September 7, 2021
The ultimate reference book for birdwatchers and bird lovers―the first single-volume book to illustrate all of the world’s bird species
- Illustrates more than 10,700 species, covering the complete International Ornithological Congress World Bird List, and including all major adult plumages for each
- Features more than 300 stunning large-format, full-color plates by some of the world’s leading bird artists
- Presents detailed but concise identification information about each species on facing pages―including facts about voice, habitat, and geographic distribution
National Geographic Complete Birds of North America, 3rd Edition: Featuring More Than 1,000 Species With the Most Detailed Information Found in a Single Volume Hardcover – November 2, 2021
This desk reference is the most up-to-date and comprehensive source of knowledge on North American bird identification, distribution, behavior, habitat, and conservation concerns available today.
This third edition, thoroughly updated, includes:
- Information on more than 1,000 species and subspecies
- Overviews of every family
- Organization reflecting current taxonomy
- 850 range maps, more than half updated since the last edition
- Sidebars on identification challenges such as distinguishing between Bay-breasted and Blackpoll Warblers in fall or separating the various species of white egrets
These 752 pages add up to a lifetime of learning for all devoted birders, from those just beginning birders to those who have been building their life lists for decades
National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, 7th Edition Paperback – Illustrated, September 12, 2017
This fully revised edition of the best-selling North American bird field guide is the most up-to-date guide on the market. Perfect for beginning to advanced birders, it is the only book organized to match the latest American Ornithological Society taxonomy.
With more than 2.75 million copies in print, this perennial bestseller is the most frequently updated of all North American bird field guides. Filled with hand-painted illustrations from top nature artists (including the ever-popular hummingbird), this latest edition is poised to become an instant must-have for every serious birder in the United States and Canada. The 7th edition includes 37 new species for a total of 1,023 species; 16 new pages allow for 250 fresh illustrations; 80 new maps; and 350 map revisions. With taxonomy revised to reflect the radical new American Ornithological Society taxonomy established in 2016, the addition of standardized banding codes, and text completely vetted by birding experts, this new edition will top of the list of birding field guides for years to come.
You might also be interested in our Birding magazine post.